Thursday, May 17, 2012

New Beginnings for AllieRambles

BEGINNINGS

Most people online know me as AllieRambles at Ramblings of a WAHM, where I write about blogging and creating a business online as a mom.  This blog, Allie's Web Quest, is simply a place I hide out and rant about whatever I like.

I started it back in September 2010 with absolutely no direction, goals or plans; I just wanted to see where it would take me.

The blog is suppose to be a bouncing board of ideas on how to earn a living online.  And how I have earned.  But frankly, I had to learn about blogging, social media and SEO first before I felt I could move on to actually earning online.  At least that was the route I took.  i felt I needed a strong blog before I could move on.

So I have a whole bunch of posts about How to Start and Run a Blog, Social Media and SEO but not quite any about online income and business, unless you count the one where I rant about how little I have earned.

This is where I stand today, in front of you, saying I am reinventing Ramblings of a WAHM. Well, I guess you would almost call it a shift in content.

I am done writing about how to blog, network and get to the top of search engines.  I want, no need, to write about how I make some money online.  And I am getting there.

IT IS A SLOW PROCESS

I have won contests that brought in $150.  I use Swagbucks and BzzAgent to get free stuff and earn Paypal gift cards.  I sell stuff on my blog like ebooks for business and blogging, aka affiliate sales.  I earn a tiny bit from Google Adsense.  

I would say I am moving forward.

Why am I writing all this?

  1. If you know about SEO I am busy backlinking many of my posts using keywords in the text above. (See I did it again in that last sentence.)
  2. I have links so hopefully you can go to my other blog and discover a new blog to read.
  3.  And honestly, I am venting.  I can't do this on my other blog, it is too "business".  I can't just "let loose".
  4. Actually, I sat down to write about 4 sentences about the new look of RWAHM!!!  I am so excited!!
Here is the before and after banner.



Anyhow, have a great day and if you are a SAHM or a mom with some extra time and a drive to learn online business come say hi over at my other blog.


1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! Sometimes I come across great content for other bloggers but that's not what my niche is and it goes to waste. I'm headed over to your other site now but I have to say I already love the new header/logo!

    ReplyDelete