Monday, May 21, 2012

Hangin' with my Gnomie, Brian Wilson Gnome that is.

Fear the gnome beard
Brian Wilson's gnome made a huge splash at Giant Stadium Sunday. 20,000 people got the gnome! And I was one of them!

He is out this year but that didn't keep people away from AT&T park on Sunday.  I heard some people stood in line since 8 am to get the Brian Wilson gnome.  That's crazy!  (But it is cute.)  We arrived at 11 am for a 1 pm game just to stand in line that was about 1/2 mile long to get into the park and get our gnome.

We have season tickets this year to all the home SF Giants games.  I had never been to a Giants game before this year.  And I wish that was not the case.  The stadium is amazing!  It is beautiful and feels like you are going back in time to watch old time baseball with its brick walls and pennant banners.




Not to mention the fans are awesome!! It is so nice to attend a capacity game of crazy fans!  Sunday's game was the 106th consecutive sold out game!
Me and hubby
Did I mention they have THE BEST GHIRADELLI SUNDAES!!?  I didn't take a photo of it because frankly, I just wanted to eat it.

I am hoping to see a "splash hit" this year.  That's when a player hits a home run over the wall the head to the bay.  That would make my year!

GO GIANTS!

1 comment:

  1. So awesome! Will the gnome be staring at you while you blog? I'm glad you had a great time at the game. I've been meaning to post about the stadium - isn't that view awesome?! I'll have to try the sundaes next time. The garlic fries aren't worth the hype but the pull-pork sandwiches were pretty scrumptious. So, are season tickets in your future?

    ReplyDelete