Monday, April 16, 2012

My Stupid Feet!

What a beautiful weekend we had here in NorCal.  It was the first sun we had that was warm and inviting since, um, I don't know, I'm not a meteorologist but I know it was nice.  Flip flop season finally!  If you know me I wear flip flops religiously.

This year flip flops have a whole new meaning for me.  I have what I believe to be Plantar Fasciitis.  That is self diagnosed but I will be seeing a doctor soon to get a professional opinion.  With Plantar Fasciitis I must wear shoes (and that includes flip flops) with arch support.  

UGH!!

The words "arch support" ring old lady! Just like "sore joints" and "fiber" do.  Well I have sore joints and I make sure I get enough fiber in my diet.  But I am not old.  Well, nature must think a 40 year old woman that works out 4-6 times a week really hard, is old.

Yes, I said it, I'm 40.  And last year I knew this number was coming.  So I started to workout.  Not just your simple aerobics or bike riding.  Circuit training, kick boxing, and personal training workouts.  I am more fit, yet more achy than I have ever been.   

It is very hard to start a regiment of kicking, jumping jacks, planks, mountain climbers and any other movement that invokes sweating for an hour at 40.  Everything hurts.  Sure I have more energy.  But I also wake up with my body begging to stay in that fetal position.

But I love what I am doing because I know when I do get old, and that is the old I decide, not nature, I want to be the strongest and healthiest I can be.  

Back to the flip flops...do you know what arch support flip flops cost?  I looked it up $75!  I can't afford to be injured!  $75!  I am used to $30.  This is going to be an expensive summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment